SMTPSimple Mail Transfer Protocol. The protocol used for sending e-mail over the Internet. Your e-mail client (such as Outlook, Eudora, or Mac OS X Mail) uses SMTP to send a message to the mail server, and the mail server uses SMTP to relay that message to the correct receiving mail server. SMTP is a set of commands that authenticate and direct the transfer of electronic mail. When configuring the settings for your e-mail program, you usually need to set the SMTP server to your local Internet Service Provider's SMTP settings (i.e. "smtp.yourisp.com"). However, the incoming mail server (IMAP or POP3) should be set to your mail account's server (i.e. hotmail.com), which may be different than the SMTP server.SMTP allows you to send email from Inform ERP using your company email address. It is required for several features in the system, such as the Inform Marketing Manager, Advanced Report Writer Scheduler, and Contact Email. Be sure that your system users have email addresses added to the User Master, as emails sent to individual contacts will come from their address. Including individual user emails allows contacts to reply directly to the user's external email.
Contact your email provide for your specific SMTP settings.
- Go to File > Company > Master.
- Click the SMTP Server Information tab. The following is an example of the information you must provide. Your SMTP settings will be different depending on your mail provider. (ex. Outlook, Google, Yahoo).
- Click Edit, and then specify the following:
- SMTP Server Address (required): Your mail server, such as SMTP.GMAIL.COM
- SMTP Communication Port (required): The port on which data is sent. For example, GMAIL's port is typically 587.
- SMTP Authentication Login: The username of the person to authenticate with the mail server.
- SMTP Authentication Password: That user's password.
- SMTP Secure Connection Required (Y|N) : Whether a secure connection is required, Y or N.
- ePOD API Username: The user name to access the electronic signature application integration.
- ePOD API Password: The password for the ePOD user account.
- Click Save