The J&M Catalog integration allows you to use images and document spec sheets from their catalog on your website. Instead of saving images on your own server and attaching them to the appropriate products, the images remain hosted online by J&M Catalog and are linked to your products in Inform. These links are also visible in Inform screens, such as Product Analysis.
Using the product information requires a monthly subscription from DDI, as well as an active account with J&M. The monthly charge is billed to your Customer Care fee. If you are not currently a J&M user, there is an additional setup fee to map the account to Inform. For more information, please contact DDI Customer Care.
To use the J&M Catalog on your site, you must do the following:
Before you use the J&M Catalog integration, you will need to set up your products. J&M uses two fields in the Product Master (File > Product > Master, tab) to match your products to the catalog images:
- Catalog Section: On the General tab, this field specifies the J&M Manufacturer's Code. This field is required for all products included in the J&M Catalog website and print catalog. It is typically a three-letter manufacturer's code. If this field is blank, the product will not be included in the catalog.
Note: Catalog Page Number does not integrated directly with J&M. You may use this field for any additional information you choose.
- Catalog Description: The product's catalog description appears on the Main page, under the Catalog tab on the Description field,
You can import both of these fields from a spreadsheet using Product Import or change them using Product Mass Change. See Import product information from a spreadsheet and Update multiple records simultaneously.
After your products are set up to match their J&M Catalog images, you can enable the integration in Inform.
- In Inform ERP, go to Utilities > Export JM Catalog Files.
If you do not see this option, please contact DDI Customer Care so that the control file can be configured.
Selecting this option exports a file called
JMCATG.txtto a folder on your server. This file may be in the C or D drive, depending on your system setup, and can be found in the
- Email the
JMCATG.txtfile to J&M Catalog to allow them to match your products to the images in their database.
- Enable integration with the website by selecting the Use External Catalog Product Info check box in the Inform eCommerce page at File>Company>eCommerce, Options tab.
- Repeat steps 1-3 anytime you add new products that you want to display on your website.
Note: If J&M Catalog does not have an image to correspond with the product, Inform ERP will display the "No Image Available" box. You can add your own image for the product.