You can identify products that have reached or are in danger of reaching critical inventory levels, grouped by primary Vendor, on the Critical Inventory page.
You can filter this report in various ways.
Once you have reviewed the information, you can prepare to replenish your inventory by creating a Projected Purchase Order directly from the Critical Inventory screen.
- Go to Purchasing > Critical Inventory.
- Select the criteria for the products and vendors that you would like included in your inquiry:
- Choose the Warehouse for which you want to view critical inventory information. Only products stocked in or ordered through this warehouse will be included.
- Alternately, select the Warehouse Buy Zone to view critical inventory information for a group of warehouses.
- Select the check box beside the Buyer(s) or departments whose Vendors you would like to include in the inquiry. Only products that are linked to the vendors assigned to the selected Buyer(s) will be included. Leave all buyers unchecked to include all vendors. (Vendors can be assigned to Buyers in the Vendor Master, under the Buyers tab).
- To select a specific group of products to include by Rank, Product Line, Buy Line, etc, click the Product Selection Criteria button . To learn how to set these options, see Selecting data.
- Click OK.
- Review the Critical Inventory tab, which display the products that meet your criteria and have reached or are in danger of reaching critical inventory levels.
- Products are grouped by primary Vendor and vendors are sorted alphabetically by Vendor Name. Any items not assigned to a vendor will appear at the top of the window.
- You may need to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the window to view more information about each product.
- If you have selected a specific warehouse, all inventory amounts will apply to that warehouse.
- To generate a printable report of the date on this page, click the Report button.
On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs. Select the appropriate printer and number of copies from the printer window, then click the Print button.
- To create a Projected Purchase Order for any critical inventory, select the check box to the left of the vendor for whom you want to create a P/O, and then click the Project P/O button.
The Projected Purchase Order screen opens, including only products assigned to the selected vendor, for the selected warehouse. To learn how to complete the projected P/O, see Create projected purchase orders, vendor returns, and stock transfers.
Tip: To schedule the Critical Inventory Notification report to run and then email the results, go to Utilities > Phantom Monitor. Click the Scheduled Jobs tab. Locate the job Critical Inventory Notification, and schedule the dates and times when you want to run it automatically.