Inform's demo PHCP eCommerce site, which runs on a Rackspace server, has an average initial page load time of ~5-8 seconds.
Note that various factors go into the website speed, so if your eCommerce initial page load is slower than this, you perform the following checks:
Are Inform ERP and IIS configured with your eCommerce site on the same server?
- Check Inform's database speeds. If slow, this could be the source of your problem. Slow database speeds manifest in areas of Inform that make frequent database calls or run through large data sets, such as Customer Master, Product Master, Sales Order Inquiry, and Product Order Inquiry. If any of these appear to be lagging. then you can improve performance by re-indexing.
- If the database is fine, Mmake sure IIS is running properly. Here are some tips for checking IIS: How to Monitor IIS Performance.
On the Inform Server, check each of the following troubleshooting steps in order and see if it resolves the performance issue. If not, go to the next one.
- Restart (reboot) Windows, if you have not done so in a while.
- Ensure your hardware and network configuration meet the recommended minimums or more: Configure the web server (eCommerce)
- Make sure all the latest Windows updates are applied. See the Microsoft Support article How to keep your Windows computer up to date.
- Do you have an AntiVirus (AV) program such as Sophos or Windows Defender running?
If so, and your AV program is configured for real-time scanning, the scan could be adversely impacting performance. Try disabling real-time scanning and scheduling the virus scan during typically off-hours.
You can also try excluding the Webroot from the scan.
After making these changes, restart Windows and test your speed again.
- Determine whether the problem is in fact Inform eCommerce performance, and not your overall internet speed. Go to Speedtest.net and click Go. Make sure upload speeds are at least 7 Mbps.
- Check your disk speed.
- Install ATTO Program on client server.
- Proceed with the options in the screenshot below depending on what drive the website root folder resides
- If speeds are still slow, then contact DDI Customer Care with the results of your testing for further troubleshooting.