When your customers are shopping, you may want to show them options and accessories for the items they are purchasing. You can configure this functionality from the Options & Accessories page in Inform Product Master (File > Product > Master). Then when a customer adds a relevant product to the eCommerce Shopping Cart, options and accessories appear in an Other Products to Consider section at the bottom of the screen.
The customer can add these items as desired. Selected options and accessories are listed individually on the pick ticket so that the customer is able to return or exchange a single item if necessary.
To include options and accessories on your eCommerce site, you must either Web Publish them as described in Add products to the catalog, or mark them Auto Add to S/O on the Options & Accessories page, as described below.
- Go to File > Product > Master.
- On the Setup page, click the Options & Accessories tab.
- In the Product box, type or search for the product to which you want to add options or accessories, and then press the Tab key.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Add New Group button, and create your Option & Accessory Group.
Note: You can add existing option and accessory groups to a product by clicking the Add Group button rather than the Add New Group button.
- The GroupThe reference number that identifies the option to Inform. is auto-populated. Press the Tab key.
- Type a DescriptionA description of the option: for example, "Vacuum Accessory Kit." Keep the description brief and do not use any special characters (ex. !@#$%^&*") or punctuation. This description appears during order entry.,
- Click Add Product. A row appears in the Accessory Items grid.
- Type a product number into the ProductThe product number of the product included in the option. cell, and then press the Tab key to search for the correct product. The Description and UOMThe unit of measure used for the product. are auto-populated. Type the QuantityThe product quantity included in the option..
- Press the Tab key. A new blank product entry will appear below your completed entry. You may add as many products as necessary to the option or accessory.
- Click Save.
- To make the option available in your product catalog, in the Options and Accessories grid, select the Auto Add to S/O Adds an option or accessory to a sales order automatically whenever the main product is purchased. Also makes this item available on the eCommerce site when the main product is ordered. check box.
- Click Save.