To configure your initial
- Go to File>Company>Inform eCommerce.
- If you have only one website, leave the Branch box blank to configure the default. If you are configuring websites for multiple branches, then type or search for the Branch and then press Tab.
Note that at any time you can return to the default configuration by clicking the Default Branch button at the bottom of the Inform eCommerce page.
- Click Edit.
- In the Domain NameThe domain name or web URL for the web site. Emailed order confirmations will use this URL to link back to the site. box, type the full URL for your site, such as https://www.mycompany.com, then choose the following option. (https is required for SSL secured connections)
- In the Customer CategoryDetermines the default pricing used for anonymous users. Once a customer logs into the site, this pricing will be replaced with their customer-specific pricing. Set anonymous web pricing formulas in the Price Matrix (Sales>Pricing>Price Matrix). box, assign default pricing for anonymous users of your website. Default pricing displays for users browsing the site without logging in. After they log in, users will see the customer-specific pricing set up for them in Inform.
- In the WriterThe writer initials that will be used for orders created form the web. For improved tracking and searching, we recommend that you use a new user created specifically for this purpose. Go to File>Company>User Master, and create a user with the initials "WEB." box, type initials to associate with all web based orders. Usually the writer is the salesperson, however, for eCommerce, we recommend you use the initials WEB.
- In the Order TypeThe Order Type that will be assigned to the sales orders placed on the web. You can use this information in reporting. Before you can set the Order Type here, you must create it in File > Company >Order Type. box, choose a type to assign to orders placed on your website. This information will help with reporting and tracking.
- In the Ship ViaThe primary shipping method for the customer. For example, a walk in customer should be set to Pick Up or Will Call to save time during order entry. Note: Truck deliveries for specific days can be set from the Truck Routes tab. box, search for or type the code for the default shipping method for all customers. If a customer has a Ship-to or Ship Via code assigned in the Customer Master, then that code will override the default Ship Via you assign here. To make the Customer Master Ship Via the only option during Checkout, select the Display Default Customer Ship Via Only check box.
Note: The Writer and Order Type are useful for running custom reports on eCommerce.
- Complete any of the following additional tasks that you can perform from this page:
- To better differentiate your company, Add a tag line and logo to your eCommerce site (eCommerce).
- To track usage, Add Google Analytics to your eCommerce site.
- To include a newsletter option, Add a newsletter signup option.
- To add a link to display help for your customers on the eCommerce shopping site, select the Show Help check box. The Help link appears in the footer of your shopping site and displays eCommerce Help for Customers.
- To add a Shop Now button to the sliders on your home page, select the Show Shop Now check box.
- Check Version Information, which you can use to troubleshoot your site.
This information is hidden from your customers.To learn more, see Get the version information for your eCommerce site (eCommerce).
- Under Show Product Availability, select options to determine how you want to share real time inventory on your site. This information shows in search results, on the Product Details page, and in the Shopping Cart. To learn more, see Decide how to display inventory availability on your site (eCommerce).
- You can configure Inform ERP to send an email confirmation for all orders placed on the website. Select email recipients in the Notify Users panel on this page. For more information see Choose who receives eCommerce order notifications (eCommerce).
- Give your end users access to online help information. See Add a help link to your site (eCommerce).
- Click Save.