You may allow customers to enforce an approval process for orders. When you configure this option, customers must be granted specific permissions to place orders. If any other user submits an order, the order is routed to a pending orders queue. Approvers are notified of pending orders and then review the queue and approve orders for processing.
To configure an order approval process, you must assign permissions, enable pending order processing, and configure the process.
- Open the contact to whom you want to assign permissions as described in Configure eCommerce customer permissions
On the navigation bar, click Setup, and then at the bottom of the Setup page, click the Permissions tab.
On the Web panel, select the Approve Pending Sales OrderAll orders require an approval from this user. Sends a notification to this user whenever someone else in the company submits and order. This user may place orders with no additional approval required. Note that this permission applies only if you have selected Use Pending Orders Processing. File>Company>eCommerce. check box.
- Click Save.
Tip: To set up a separate approver for each Customer Ship To account, select the specific Ship To for each approver. Then assign the person placing the orders to the same Ship To, but do not grant the Approve Pending Sales Order permission.
- Open the Inform eCommerce Go to File>Company>Inform eCommerce.
- On the left navigation bar, click Options.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Use Pending Orders ProcessingEnables the Pending Orders feature, which allows specified customer contacts to review and approve sales orders placed by online employees. Customer contacts are divided into two types: those with permission to submit orders and those with permission to approve orders. Orders entered by users with permission to submit will not be visible within Inform. Instead, they are placed in the Pending Orders section of the customer's account, where they are held until a contact with permission to approve Sales Orders has the opportunity to review and approve the order. Only when the order is approved will it become visible within Inform. Note that one or more contacts per customer must have permisson to appove sales orders prior to enabling this feature. check box,
- To send an email confirmation to the ship to location once the order is approved, select the Email Ship-To Pending ConfirmationIf the Pending Orders option is enabled, sends an order confirmation email to the email address assigned to in the Ship to location that placed the order. This confirmation is sent once the pending order is approved. check box.
- To make it easier to locate and approve orders shipping to the same location, you can enable customers to filter their pending orders by ship to: select the Filter Pending Order by Ship ToAllows you to sort pending orders by ship-to location. check box.
- In the Days to PurgeIf the Pending Orders option is enabled, the number of days pending orders should remain open. Once the number of days has been reached, the pending order will be deleted from the customer's list of open pending orders. box, type the number of days that you want to allow customers to save pending but unapproved orders before deleting them.
- Click Save.
and then select pending order processing options: