To make changes to a group of customers, vendors, or products at once, instead of one record at a time use Inform's Mass Change feature. For example, you may want to change the Salesperson for a group of customers or update the Product Line for a range of products. Use Mass Change to view applicable records based on selection criteria and then make the necessary changes from one place. These changes automatically appear in your eCommerce website.
These instructions refer to Customer Mass Change as an example. The steps are similar for vendors and products.
- Select one of the following:
- File > Customer > Mass Change.
- File > Vendor > Mass Change.
- File > Product > Mass Change
- From Criteria Options, select the check boxes beside search criteria to limit search results. Then select your filters from the list that appears. For example, you may want to search for all customers currently assigned to Salesman Equal To FS. Click OK.
- On the Mass Change screen that appears, you can select your edits. From the Select Change Field list, select one property that you want to change. For example, Salesman. You can select only one field at a time. Scroll to see additional data fields.
- The grid in the bottom half of the screen displays all records that match selection criteria and their Current value for the selected field.
- In the New column, select the updated value for each record.
- To copy an entry from the current row to the next, click Repeat Row .
- To copy an entry from the current row to all remaining rows in the grid, click Repeat All .
- To filter the grid to display only those records you have changed, select the Modified Only check box.
- If you need to access additional records, click Selection Criteria on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Repeat this procedure for each property that you want to change.
- When you are finished, click Save. The mass change takes effect immediately.