In this scenario, you will learn how to assign multiple units of measure to the product. This allows the product to be purchased in a different unit from which it is sold.
Warning: Changing pricing for Units of Measure (UoM) , deleting them, or changing any UoM properties may adversely affect inventory valuation and inventory GL. Use caution when using this functionality.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in How to edit or create a product.
- On the Main tab, in the Unit of Measure panel, click Setup.
- Click Add Unit of Measure.
- In the UOM column, select a unit of measure.
Note: Additional units can be created from File > Product > Unit of Measure.
- Enter the Quantity that comprises the new unit, based on the previous unit.
- 1 CS (case) consists of 4 EA (each)
- 1PT (pallet) consists of 24CS (case)
- Select a default:
- Sales: This unit of measure will default when adding the product to a sales order.
- Price: The cost and list prices are based on this unit of measure. When added to orders, the appropriate price/cost will be calculated based on the unit of measure quantity.
- Purchase: This unit of measure will default when adding the product to a purchase order.
Note: Box Quantities (set on the Purchasing tab) can be used as an alternative to Units of Measure.