In this scenario, you will learn how to assign multiple units of measure to the product. This allows the product to be purchased in a different unit from which it is sold.
Warning: Changing pricing for Units of Measure (UoM) , deleting them, or changing any UoM properties may adversely affect inventory valuation and inventory GL. Use caution when using this functionality.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in How to edit or create a product.
- On the Main tab, in the Unit of Measure panel, click Setup.
- Click Add Unit of Measure.
- In the UOM column, select a unit of measure.
Note: Additional units can be created from File > Product > Unit of Measure.
- Enter the Quantity that comprises the new unit, based on the previous unit.
1 CS (case) consists of 4 EA (each)
1PT (pallet) consists of 24CS (case)
Note: You can make the the "Of UOM" display the lowest Unit of Measure by checking off the Disable UOM Dependencies checkbox. This will use the lowest UOM for factoring rather than the previous UOM. In the example below with the box checked the system will factor using EA for BX, 40 EA per BX. If this option was not checked then it would use BG, 2 BG per BX.
- Select a
- Sales: This unit of measure will default when adding the product to a sales order.
- Price: The cost and list prices are based on this unit of measure. When added to orders, the appropriate price/cost will be calculated based on the unit of measure quantity.
- Purchase: This unit of measure will default when adding the product to a purchase order.