Once you have received products from purchase orders, you can log those stock receipts so that they can be added to inventory. You can create a new stock receipt or add the products to a new receipt. After all products are received, you can create an A/P invoice, add third party freight charges, and add notes or attachments.
Note: An existing receiving can only be edited if it has not been linked to an A/P Invoice, with the exception of the Third Party Freight. Create a new receiving created each time you receive a separate shipment of products for the order. The new receiving will still display all of the items on the PO, including products and quantities entered from any existing receivings.
- Go to Purchasing>Stock Receipts.
- Type or search for the Purchase Order Number.More info on existing receipts
If the Purchase Order you chose has multiple products, and at least one of them has already been received, then you will see the Select Receiving pop-up. It lets you edit the existing receiving, or log a new receipt.
To edit the existing receipt, click the link in the Rcv No column. The Stock Receiving page opens, and you can edit the Quantity Received on the existing receipt or add Quantity Received to another product. Note that you cannot edit a receiving that has already been linked to an AP Invoice. See
If you just want to enter a new receiving, click New. The Stock Receiving page opens again, but allows you to change quantities only on those products that have not yet been received.
- In the Receiving table, type the Quantity Received for each product. The Balance Due adjusts to reflect the receiving.
- If there is a Balance Due after entering the Quantity Received, but you do not want to receive the remaining quantity, select the Cancel Balance check box. This option removes the balance, and completes the line, thereby closing that receipt.
- Optionally, adjust the Net Price to match the vendor's invoice.
- Click Save.
- You may now print product labels:
Add a Label Description, choose a Printer, and then click Print.
- Specify the Serial Numbers for each serialized product (if applicable).
- To print or send the receipts, click Open Receiving Ticket.
Note: Depending on system configuration, this option may be set to prompt automatically upon Save
- You may now Enter an invoice for a stock receipt and/or Add third party freight charges for stock receipts.
- Click Save.