When you log a stock receipt against a purchase order, you can also create an A/P invoice directly from that stock receipt, rather than switching to invoice entry (as described in Enter merchandise invoices).
- Receive products using stock receipts as described in Log stock receipts against purchase orders.
- Click the A/P Invoice tab located on the left side navigation bar.
- In the Invoice Number box, type the number provided by the vendor, and then press the Tab key.
- Type the Freight and/or Tax amounts (if applicable).
- Discount and Due Dates will be determined automatically based on Terms.
You can manually override these values.
- The G/L Distribution panel shows the accounts and amounts that will be affected. Verify that the correct accounts are entered.
If not, click the Add G/L Distribution button, and choose the correct general ledger account.
- Click Save.
This will save the receiving and the invoice.
Inform ERP creates the invoice and links it to the stock receipt.