From your shopping cart, you can view the items that you have selected, change quantities or remove those products, create a shopping list, or convert the order to a price quote. Your shopping cart is saved until you place your order or remove products. After you have reviewed the shopping cart, you can launch the checkout process.
All active customers may place orders. Customers set up as prospects or with a status of on hold, inactive, or legal in Inform's Customer Master can save shopping lists but cannot order products. Customers restricted to Web Contracts have access to the Shopping List that includes all items they are permitted to order.
- From the Cart menu, select View Cart.
- Review the Shopping Cart that appears.
- To remove a product, click the X at the end of the row; to remove all products, click the Remove All button.
- To change number of items ordered, type a new value in the Qty box, and then click Update Cart.
- When you are satisfied with your order, click Check Out.
You can convert the items in your cart to a Shopping List for easy reordering.
- From Save to List, click Create New list.
- In the Save as New List pop-up, type a new Shopping List Name, and then click Save.
- You can later Reorder products from a shopping list (eCommerce)
You may be able to convert Shopping Cart orders to Price Quotes if your seller allows it.
Customers must be set up as authorized buyers and have permission to approve pending sales orders. See Configure eCommerce customer permissions for details. Price Quotes are stored on the website and are also accessible from Inform.
- On the Shopping Cart, select the This is a Price Quote check box located on the upper right side of the screen.
- Click the Update Cart button.
Make sure you click Update Cart after you mark this order as a price quote. Otherwise, during checkout, the system will place the order instead of saving it as a quote.
- Click Check Out, and follow the procedure described in Check out (eCommerce).
- When you are finished checking out, we will convert the order into a price quote that you can see in the website and Inform.