After you have selected all of the products and quantities that you want to order, you can start the checkout process.
- You may click Check Out from the Shopping Cart, Order Pad, or Shopping List. Wherever you come from, the check out process is the same.
- On the Checkout Shipping page, choose a Saved Shipping Address from the list, or select Add a New Shipping Address to enter a new one. Any unique pricing for a ship-to address appears on the order receipt.
Note: If adding a new shipping address, then the order is posted to Inform ERP with the Internal Note, "Manual Ship to Name & Address on eCommerce Order." To add the shipping address to the customer, click the Edit button on the Sales Order Entry page in Inform. Then beside the Ship To field, click the + button. On the Add Ship To pop-up that appears, select the Save Manual Ship To Info check box, and then click OK.
- If applicable, type any Special Instructions regarding this order, such as notes about the products ordered or how the order should be delivered. These instructions will be visible to those who fill and deliver your order.
- Optionally, choose a Requested Ship Date.
This field is available only if you have enabled the Request Ship Date setting on the Company>Inform eCommerce page.
- Click Next.
- On the Checkout Confirmation screen, verify the Shipping Information and Billing Address.
- If you typically submit a purchase order number with your order, or if your distributor requires a purchase order number, type it in Purchase Order # box.
Note: If the Company Master has been set up to validate ship-to sales dollar limits, eCommerce will warn customers who exceed their monthly budget for a shipping location. The customer will have to edit the shopping cart before placing the order.
- Select a Shipping Method from the list. Freight amounts calculate based on the Shipping Method and are applied once the order is processed.
These options are based on your default settings in the Inform eCommerce Screen. UPS services that do not calculate rates for a Ship Via are excluded from the Shipping Method list.
- If you want to send an order confirmation to the customer, choose the contact to whom you want to send from the Send Order Confirmation Email To list.
- Branch Selection displays the default branch assigned to the customer under File>Company>Master: Setup, General. If you want, select a different branch from the list. A Branch Selection is required.
- Under Order Summary, verify the products, quantities, and subtotal.
- Click Place Order.
- You will see an order confirmation receipt for the order or quote and receive a confirmation email.
Price quote confirmations are sent to the email addresses configured in the MobiOrder template of Inform eCommerce screen.