Slider images appear prominently on your homepage.
Use these images to draw attention to a group of products, promote events, or direct to another website. You can assign an action to take when the user clicks each slider image.
Important: Do not configure this feature if you chose to Hide Image Carousel Products in the Web Admin Editor. See Customize your homepage
Since these images are typically the first thing your customer notices on your page, we recommend using high quality graphics. You can obtain them yourself at a relatively low cost from websites such as shutterstock.com or istockphoto.com, or you can hire a web designer. Make sure your slider images follow these specifications:
|Format||JPEG (.jpg) or GIF (.gif)|
|Size||729 width x 377 height (pixels)|
- Go to File>Company>Inform eCommerce.
- On the left navigation bar, click Sliders.
- Click Edit.
- On the Sliders panel, click Add Slider.
Tip: Make sure you add slider images in the order in which you want them to display on your homepage.
- To select a file stored on the Inform server, click the magnifying glass and select it from the list that appears.
- To select a file from a local computer drive, click the folder icon and then browse to the location and select the file.
- Type a Description of the image. For images that you link to products in the next step, this Description appears when the customer clicks the image.
- By default, the Action is [Slider Products], which lets you select specific products to display when a customer clicks the slider image. Alternatively, you can type the URL of a specific page in your website or another website entirely that you want to open when the image is clicked. If you do not want to link to a URL, then do not make any changes in the Action box.
- If you chose to display products when your customer clicks the slider image (Action=[Slider Products]), then choose products for each image.
- Click Add Slider Product.
- A new row appears. Under Product, type the Product Number and then press the Tab key, or search for the product that you want to show. The Description auto populates.
- From the Slider list on that row, select the slider image with which you want to associate the product. When your customer clicks the slider image, this product, as well as any others associated with the slider will open in a new page.
- Click Save.
Changes are applied immediately, If you don't see them, restart your browser.