Some units of measure may be for purchasing purposes only and not intended for customer orders. You can hide a Unit of Measure on an item-by-item basis to prevent it from displaying online. However, this will also prevent your customer service and sales team from entering any Sales Orders using this Unit of Measure.
- Go to File > Product > Master.
- Select the product number in the Product box, and then press the Tab key.
The Product Master defaults to the Main tab of the Setup page.
- Click Edit.
- On the Unit of Measure panel, click Setup.
- On the Unit of Measure popup, select the Disable Sales check box beside the unit you want to hide. Note that you cannot hide a Unit of Measure if it is set as the default Price UOM.
- UOM The unit of measure that you want to use to purchase or sell the product.
- Quantity The numerical quantity of the product that comprises one unit of the selected unit of measure. For example, if you are setting the unit of measure to EA (each), you can set the quantity of 1, signifying that each time a customer orders this unit of measure they are receiving one of the product. If you are setting the unit of measure to BX (box), then you can set the quantity to 100, indicating that there are 100 individual units of the product in one box quantity.
- Price UOM The unit of measure that you will use to price this unit of measure. For example, if you enter a box unit of measure with a quantity of 12, and you want to price the box according to each product being sold, you can enter EA (each) in this cell.
- Markup % The percentage that you want to mark up the price of the product when the customer chooses to order this unit of measure.
- UPC A unique UPC code for the specific unit of measure.
- Disable SalesPrevents the Unit of Measure from displaying in the Sales Order screen as well as the eCommerce ordering screen. This option is disabled if the unit of measure is set as the default Price UoM.
- Click Save.