After you create web categories, you can assign an individual product or groups of products to them. Shoppers will then be able to shop by category to easily locate the products they need. Products should be web published before you assign them to a web category. See Add products to the catalog.
- Select File > Product > Product Master.
- Type the reference code or description of the product that you want to categorize into the Product Number box, and then press the Tab key.
- Click the Web Options tab, and then click Edit.
- From the Web Category list select the check boxes for the web category, subcategory, or subcategory 2 for this product. Each product can be assigned to only one category. If you have many categories and subcategories, you may collapse and expand categories to make it easier to find the one you need.
- Click Save.
- To assign a group of products to a category, use Mass Change. For more information on Mass Change, see Update multiple records simultaneously
- Go to File > Product > Mass Change.
- In the Selection Criteria window, select the group of products that you want to include in the Web Category, then click the OK button.
- The Product Mass Change window appears. Scroll to the bottom of the Select Change Field list, and select Web Category.
The Products list on the bottom half of the screen displays all matching products from your selection criteria.
- In the Products list, drop down the New list and select the web category that you want to assign. To then assign that same category to all products in the list, click the Repeat All button.
- Click Save.
Note: Only products that also have the Web Publish check box selected on the Product Master>Web Options page will be included in your online catalog. Assigning a Web Category does not publish the product.