You can decide how products will appear on your eCommerce site, including category display, sorting, and catalog info.
- Go to File>Company>Inform eCommerce.
- On the left navigation bar, click Options.
- Click Edit, and then look at the Products panel in the lower right section of the page.
- To display subcategories in a new page with product images when a customer selects the parent category in the Shop by Category menu, select the Display Condensed Shop by CategoryWhen a customer selects the Shop by Category menu, this option displays parent categories only. Once the parent category is clicked, a new page containing the subcategories appears. If you leave this option cleared, then subcategories will appear nested beneath parent categories in the Shop by Category menu: all categories and subcategories will be visible. check box. Select this option is you have many categories and subcategories
Otherwise, all categories and subcategories appear when a customer clicks the menu once; you may want to clear this option if you have only a few categories and subcategories.
- To sort products based on the Sort Sequence code set on the General page of the Company> Product Master, select the Use Product Sort SequenceAlters the display order of the product search results based on the Sort Sequence set in the Product Master (General tab). check box.
- To require online customers to order products in box quantities, select Require Box Quantity EntryRequires online customers to order products in box quantities. A box quantity must be specified in the Product Master for each applicable product for this setting to apply. check box. This option will apply to all products.
Note that box quantities are assigned to individual products on the Purchasing page of the Product Master. Use this option only if you have box quantities for all products set; otherwise, it may results in miscalculated forecasts.
- To hide the search box from your eCommerce site, forcing users to browse for products using Web Categories or the Order Pad, select the Hide Search BoxRemoves the Product Search box from the top of the site. Instead of searching for products, customers must browse based on Web Categories or using their Customer Order Pad. Note that products set as "Web Published" in the Product Master will appear in search results even if they are not assigned to a Web Category. Hiding the product search box may help prevent your customers from finding products that you did not intend to carry on your site. check box. Select this option if you want to prevent customers from searching for products that you Web Published but did not assign to a Web Category and may not have intended to carry on your website.
- To allow web content from outside providers to be integrated into your website (ex. images, spec sheets, etc.), select the Use External Catalog Product InfoAllows web content such as images and spec sheets from outside providers to be integrated in your site. check box.
- Click Save.