- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Non Vendor Check.
- Select either System Check or Hand Check. If you choose Hand Check, type a Check NumberFor Hand Checks, type the check number or payment receipt number. Batch and Individual checks will use the next available check number in the system..
- On the Pay To panel, type the name and mailing address of the business or individual to whom the payment is being sent. You can also click to the right of the Name field to search a list of non-vendors that you have made payments to in the past.
This contact will be saved as a Non Vendor for future reuse.
- In Gross AmountThe total invoice amount, including freight and taxes. This amount must equal the G/L Distribution before you can save the invoice., type the check amount.
The Net Amount Due reflects the Gross Amount minus any Discount Amount.
- Type the Invoice DateThe date on the invoice from the vendor. Not the due date..
Optionally, select a Disc DateDiscount Date. A discount is available only if the invoice is paid by a certain date. and Due Date, for full payment without discount.
- Under G/L DistributionThe General Ledger account relevant to the merchandise received, as well as the amounts posted to those accounts. The total G/L distribution must equal the Gross Amount before you can save the invoice., choose the Account, and then type the Amount.
The Branch, Liability G/L, and Bank Code G/L fields prefill based on the defaults set for the current branch.
Be sure the Gross Amount matches the G/L Distribution.
- Click Print.
For system checks, Inform ERP prints the check; for hand checks, it prints a voucher.