Loaded rebate costs enable you to account for the standard costs for doing business (warehousing, selling) when you are offering rebates. The loaded cost is used on the sales order rather than the rebate cost, thereby offsetting the cost of doing business.
You can add loaded costs on the Price Contract as a Load Percent or a Net Loaded Cost. When using the Load Percent, be careful about blank vs. zero percents:
- Zero Load Percent tells the system to pass the contract cost on to the Sales Order. The order will use the rebate cost as the item cost.
- Blank Load Percent tells the system to use the Salesman Cost, as defined in your Company Master under the Pricing/Costing tab. The cost of the item will be pulled from the cost field in the Product Master that you have specified as the Salesman Cost.
When you are entering pricing for the contract, this can be done line by line or in a mass change when all of the products and rebate costs have been entered. All methods are explained below.
- Manually enter a Load Percent or Loaded Cost amount for each product
- In the Load Pct column on the Net Pricing page, type the percent that you want to add to the Rebate Cost. Press the Tab key and the system will calculate the Loaded Cost amount.
- Or in the Loaded Cost column, type the dollar amount of the Loaded Cost. Press the Tab key and the system will calculate the Load Percent.
- If you want to specify a Load Percent for all products, then click the Costs button on the Net Pricing page, after you have entered all of your products and rebate costs for the contract.
In the example below, the Rebate Cost is 12. If you add a Load Pct of 6, then 6%(12)=.72, so the Load Cost is 12.72
In the example below, the Rebate Cost is 12. If you specify a Loaded Cost of 13, then Inform ERP calculates the Load Pct as 8.33 (8.33%(12)=1).
Select the Load % option , and then type the load percent Adjustment . The example will add 6% to the Rebate Cost to calculate the Loaded Cost for all products.
Caution: The Costs button has a Clear All option, should you need to remove all values from the Rebate Cost, Load %, or Loaded Cost fields. Please be sure that you select the correct field when using this option, as it will remove all values from the field and this action cannot be reversed.
Users with permission to See Salesman Cost will only be able to view the Loaded Rebate Cost, if they do not have permission to See Cost and Gross Profit. There is also a separate Access Level - See Rebate Cost in S/O - that allows users to view the raw Rebate Cost in the Sales Order Pricing window, under the Rebate Cost tab (shown below). Users without permission will see a blank Rebate Cost field in this window.