In this scenario, you will learn how to void a payment.
Note: Voiding a check is irreversible.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Check Payment Inquiry.
- Make sure the correct G/L Bank AccountThe bank account used to issue the check. is selected.
- Either type the Check Number, or click the magnifying glass to search by check amount.
Note: You can also choose the payment you want to void from the Vendor Ledger. See View a vendor's payment history.
- Review the date, amount, and paid invoices.
- In the Invoices list, you may click a line item invoice to display the G/L Distribution.
- Click Void.
Inform ERP reopens the invoices and removes the funds from the system bank ledger.