In this procedure, you will learn how to build accounts payable check batches and print checks. You'll follow up with subsequent scenarios on processing individual checks, hand written checks, and vendor checks.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Check Print.
- Click Edit.
- Optionally, enter a new G/L Bank AcctThe bank account used to issue the check. and/or Check DateThe date that will print on the checks.. Additionally you can use the Filter to narrow your selecting of invoices to pay.
- To include invoices prior to a certain date in the batch, click ScheduleAllows a cutoff date to be set based on invoice or due date. Inform adds any invoice with that date to the check batch. (bottom left).
- In Cutoff Date, select the date before which you want to include all invoices. (After which you want to "cut" them off.)
- Choose whether you want this date based on the Due Date or the Discount Date.
- If applicable, type or search for a Branch.
- If applicable, type or search for a Vendor CategoryGroups vendors by the types of products purchased from them. To add new categories, go to File>Vendor>Categories. .
- To include the remit address, select the Include Remit-To check box.
- Click Schedule.
- Select the invoices you want to include in the batch; clear those to exclude.
Selecting/clearing a vendor will add/remove all invoices for that vendor.
Note that you will not be allowed any edit an invoices that have been added to the check print batch.
- Click Save.
- To run the Scheduled Checks ReportShows all invoices selected for payment in the Check Print screen, along with totals by vendor and batch total. , click Report.
- To begin printing the check batch, click Print.
Note: Verify that all checks printed correctly. A prompt will appear to confirm this. To launch a reprint, click No on the confirmation prompt. To complete the batch and prevent reprinting these checks (without first voiding the original check), click Yes.