Customer inquiries are useful for determining the source and status of a sales transaction or other invoice.
- Navigate to Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Customer Ledger.
- Enter the first several characters of the customer’s name. As you enter characters, the results will be filtered.
- Selecting the customer will open the Customer Ledger window. The system default displays the open items with the most recent at the top.
- Click any column heading to sort the ledger alphanumerically.
- Click the filter icon on the top left of the window to change the filter criteria.
- Choose a field, operator, and value to narrow your search. To clearly view the content, you’ll need to maximize the Customer Ledger window. The image following shows a closer view of the criteria selector.
- To run a report on the customer ledger, click the Report button on the upper right corner of the window. This report option is available on the Invoices and the Payment History tab. Regardless of the filtered criteria, the report will populate all activity.
Note that the Open Balance will display as the total open balance on the account, not just the balance from the selected items.
- To create an Excel report, right-click anywhere ion the grid, and then click Export to>Excel. See also Tables and grids.
The Open Items tab shows unpaid invoices, partially paid items, and open credits.
The Paid Items tab may be viewed from the perspective of the invoice or the payment vehicle.
Paid Invoices presents information from the perspective of the individual invoice. This example shows that several invoices were paid by the same ACH.
Payment History presents information from the perspective of the payment vehicle. This example shows that a single ACH paid for several invoices.