If a customer has a credit on their account and they are requesting payment, you can follow this two-step process:
- ADJUST OFF THE OPEN AR CREDIT INVOICES
- Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Cash Receipts Posting
- Choose the Customer and type any Check Number or reference. The check amount should be $0.00.
- In the Adjustment column of the negative invoice, write the invoice amount (negative).
- Cash Applied should be 0 or blank.
- In the Adj. G/L, use a G/L to make the adjustments against (a miscellaneous account is recommended)
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save and then click Print & Post to AR.
- WRITE A NON-VENDOR CHECK TO THE CUSTOMER
- Accounting > Accounts Payable > Non Vendor Check
- In the Name box, type the customer name. Type any additional customer information.
- Type the amount of the invoice.
- In the G/L Distribution, use the same G/L account as in the previous step for the invoice adjustment in the cash receipts screen
- Click Print Check.
The balance will be 0.00