Use this report to see which customers are buying what products from you. The report includes only sales information from invoiced sales orders, not open sales orders. You can run the report for specific customers and products.
This report offers many filters and sorting options to customize your results. which boil down to answering the questions Who, What, When, and How?
- Who: Use Customer Selection criteria to choose whom you want to report on. Or
- What: Use Product Selection Criteria to choose which products you want to report on.
- When: Choose the date range on which you are interested.
- How: Choose which columns you want to include your report and how you want them to be sorted and grouped.
To learn how, see Criteria, below.
Go to Sales > Invoicing > Who Bought What Report
- Date: Invoice date, not tied to fiscal period.
- GP%: If you choose to include GP% and have access level permission to do so, this value is based on the Sales Order GP % Cost Column (File>Company>Master: Pricing/Costing)
- Branch: The branch in which the invoice was created. Leave blank to include all branches.
- Customer: To run the report for a single customer, type that customer's name here. Otherwise, Use the Customer Selection Criteria to run the report on a custom group of customers. To learn how to select criteria, see Selecting data.
- Ship To: Choose a specific Ship to location, or leave blank to include all ship to locations.
- Product: To run the report for a single product, type that product code here. Otherwise, Use the Product Selection Criteria to run the report on a custom group of products. To learn how to select criteria, see Selecting data.
- Date Options: (required) You can choose to run the report based on a Calendar Date or an Accounting Period. If you choose Calendar Date, then choose the Start Date and End Date you want to include. If you choose Accounting Period, then choose the ending MMYY for the accounting period that you want to include. Dates are based on the invoice date.
- Report Type: To view subtotals, choose Summary. To view details for every invoice on which the product appears, choose Detail.
- Show Gross Profits: To include the gross profit percent, select this check box. This information will appear in the report only if you have access to See Cost and Gross Profit. For more information on access levels, see Define and assign access levels to users
- Drag and Drop to Reorder Sort by Fields: (required) Select the check boxes beside the data that you want to include in the report. Click and drag these check boxes to reorder the list to the desired column order. You must select at least one Sort By field. Regardless of the sort criteria you choose, the quantity shipped and the total value (extension) will always appear.
Track customer sales
- Choose a specific customer from the Customer Criteria, and then Show and Sort by Vendor and then Product.
Track product sales
- Choose a specific primary vendor from the Product Criteria, and then Show and Sort by Customer and then Product.
Only Inform invoices are included in this report; invoices from converted data are excluded as they may skew results. If you need to see converted data as well, contact DDI Customer Care.