A Total Order Discount is a discount that is given on the Subtotal on the order, rather than on each product price on the order. You may discount a total amount or a percentage of the total.
To apply this type of a discount, create a Miscellaneous Charge for discounts which posts to an appropriate General Ledger account.
- Create a sales order
- Before you click Save, click the Final tab.
- Click Miscellaneous Charge:
- Select the appropriate Charge code by clicking and then the appropriate code.
- To discount a dollar amount, type that negative amount into the Amount column,
- To calculate a percent discount, click the Amount arrow, and then specify the negative percent amount in the Percent box, and then click OK.
Inform ERP calculates the discount amount and displays it in the Amount field.
- To charge tax on the amount, select the Tx? check box to the right of the Amount field.
- Click anywhere outside the Miscellaneous Charges pop-up to close it.
- Click Save.