You can view invoice details, issue credits, void invoices, and print or send the invoice to the customer all from the Invoice Inquiry page.
Note: You will need the invoice number in order to perform any of these tasks. If you do not know the invoice number, you can use the Customer Ledger or Sales Order Inquiry screens to find the appropriate number. Look up an invoice number
- Go to Sales > Invoice > Invoice Inquiry.
You can also open the sales order, and then click the invoice link.
- In the Invoice box, type the invoice number, and then press the Tab key.
Invoice details appear.
- Review the general information such as the Customer and Invoice Number at the top of the page. This information appears on every tab:
- Ordered ByType or search and select the name of the contact who placed the sales order.
- Customer P/O The purchase order number used by the customer to identify the sales order.
- Ship Via The shipping method for the order. For example, "Pick-Up", "UPS Ground", "Our Truck", etc.
- Ship Date The date that the order was shipped
- Branch The reference code of the branch from which the order was placed.
- Writer The user who entered the sales order.
- Cycle Which shipment the invoice pertains to; the first shipment is 00, with each successive shipment numbered sequentially
- To open the sales order linked to this invoice, click the link beside the Order.
- By default, the Details tab is active, showing you the list of products billed on the order.
To review additional invoice details, click the Header tab,
These details are associated with the customer's default settings.
- Sold toThe billing address and phone number of the customer. It may be different than the shipping address.
- Ship ToThe Ship To location chosen on the order.
- Order Date The date that the sales order was created. The system will automatically enter the current date for new sales orders. You can also manually enter the date to make any necessary changes. A warning message will display if you enter an order date that is 30 days less than or greater than today's date.
- Job ID The identification information for the job for which the sales order materials are being purchased. This feature is helpful for grouping individual sales orders together under one job for a customer, or a number of customers.
- Salesman The name or the salesman associated with the order.
- Warehouse The name and reference code for the warehouse from which the products will be shipped. You may also choose to drop-ship the order, or fill it using returned goods or consignments.
- Terms The payment terms, such as Net 30, associated with the invoice.
- Tax CodeThe tax code associated with this customer.
- Order Type If applicable, the type of order, such as Web, QuickOrder, or Outside sales.
- Price Contract The specific price contract controlling the prices of products on this invoice.
- P/O Type The type of purchase order associated with this invoice, if applicable. Out of stock and new products require special request purchase orders.
- Invoice Message A message that will only appear on the customer's invoice. Like the Special Instructions message (which appears on the Sales Order, Shipment Confirmation, and Truck Manifest), the Invoice Message will print at the top of the invoice, surrounded by asterisks.
- Internal NotesNotes that appear on the internal version of the invoice only. Customers will not see these notes.
- Accounts Receivable The current balances of the customer's account. This total includes the order balance, credit limit balance, and total A/R balance, as well as the open balances that are 0-30, 31-60, and 61+ days overdue. These numbers will appear in red if the customer has exceeded their credit limit, or if any of the amounts exceed the set Open Invoice Number of Days for the customer. You can change the credit limit and number of days in the Customer Master, under the Credit tab.
- P/O Dollar Limits If there is a PO with spending limits attached to this invoice, then those purchase order limits will appear here. P/O Dollar Limits are configured on the Customer Master Setup page, under the P/O Specs tab.
- Ship to Dollar Limit Displays the annual budget information associated with the customer's ship to address, if applicable. These budgets are configured on the Customer Master Ship Tos page, under the Monthly Budget tab.
- You can now