You can post invoices as part of a daily invoicing procedure, or you can configure Inform ERP to post transactions automatically.
- Point of sale orders: immediately after receiving payment
- On account orders: immediately after ship confirming an order.
Note: DDI recommends implementing immediate invoice posting after finalizing POS and billing for the day to ensure a smooth transition with a known cutover point and to prevent unposted sales from lingering. Also note that Immediate Invoice Posting is not compatible with Wireless Warehouse System.
Important: Before modifying these settings, contact Customer Care for help configuring your workflows.
- Go to File > Company > Master.
- Click the Sales tab.
- Set Post POS when Saving Sales Order to Y.
- After you save POS orders, you can now print a copy of the POS invoice from the Final page of Sales Order screen. Under Print Options, click Invoice.
- Select File > Company > Master.
- Click the Sales.
- Set Post Invoice When Ship Confirmed to Y.
- You can now post on account orders immediately after Shipment Confirmation. Back ordered products keep the remaining order open for the next shipment cycle.
Note that if you have adequate access level, you may be able to use the Create Invoice button on the Final tab of the Sales Order screen to post. However, this will bypass the shipment confirmation process, which is important for confirming that the correct products are leaving the warehouse with the correct quantities with the correct ship via.