From the Layout page of the Advanced Report Writer, you can customize the layout of your report, changing both the basic look and feel through colors, fonts, and page breaks, as well as changes how data is presented and calculated, including grouping, summarizing, and calculating data.
Review the following procedures about customizing your report layout. Although you can review each procedure individually, keep in mind that each procedure builds on some information you learned in the previous procedure, so you might find it beneficial to review them sequentially.
By default, ARW generates a layout based on the data you have included in your report. If you want to customize this layout, you must clear the Generate Layout check box on the Definition page on Advanced Report Writer.
- Group data on an ARW report: Use this procedure to group related data for better readability.
- Insert page breaks into an ARW report: Use this procedure to insert page breaks at the end of each group.
- Add subtotals to an ARW report: Use this procedure to subtotal a column of data such as invoice amounts or year to date sales by customer.
- Add a total to an ARW report: Use this procedure to add a grand total to a column of data, such as total sales for all customers.
- Analyze and compare data through calculated fields: Use this procedure to calculate the difference between two types of data, such as the difference between this year and last year sales.
- Calculate an average in your ARW report: Use this procedure to calculate a simple average on a single data type, such as the average monthly sales.
- Hide section details from an ARW report: Use this procedure to hide sections from your generated report, while keeping them part of the report data set.
- Assign the correct data format in an ARW report: Use this procedure to format data correctly as text, numbers, currency, date, etc.