Use this report to view the total inventory value for a selected group of products. You can choose to print a Detail or Summary version of the report, depending on the amount of information you want to view.
Since the Inventory Value Report can only be printed to measure the current value of your inventory, and not a past value, you should save this report as a Hold File each time you run it so that you can access the value in the future. This is especially important when you print the report as part of the End of Month Closing process.
You may want to match this report to your General Ledger Inventory amount.
- Go to Inventory > Inventory Value Report.
- On the Selection Criteria page, apply your first level of filters on the products whose inventory value you want to review. See Selecting data.
- Warehouse: The warehouse on which you want to report. To report on all warehouses, leave blank.
- Cost ColumnThe cost column for each product that will be used to calculate the value of the inventory.
- Detail or Summary The level of information included in the report. Detail - includes information regarding warehouse location and value by product. Summary - includes information regarding value by product with totals.
- Product Line Page BreakInserts a page break after each product line, forcing each one to a new page.
- Include Negative InventoryWhat to do with negative inventory in the report: Yes includes products with negative and positive inventory values; No (default) excludes all products with negative inventory values; Only includes only products with negative inventory values.
- Print Zero On Hand Includes information on products that have a zero on hand quantity.
- Print Reconciliation Summary Select this option to include information that will help you reconcile any discrepancy between your Inventory Value Report and your General Ledger Inventory figure. It includes your Inventory G/L value, Uninvoiced P/O's, Negative Inventory, and Average Cost Variance figures. Choose whether to print the summary for the current or previous period.
- Print Layer Detail Available only if you have selected FIFO Cost for the Cost Column. Select this check box to show the cost of inventory per receiving. The system provides the purchase cost (plus freight)or Landed Cost C3 for converted products (not received or adjusted in the system). If there are no converted products (type "NA"), the system uses the C5 cost (assuming there is no C3 cost).