You can add warranties for parts or equipment from a specific vendor. Adding the part warranty and accepted failure reason is just a small part of the process of setting up warranties. For the full procedure, see Configure warranties.
- Go to File > Vendor > Master.
- In the Vendor box, find the vendor you want to edit by typing the name, number, city, or phone. If the data for your vendor does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the Warranty tab.
- Click Edit.
- From the Requirements list, select the check boxes beside the information that is required for you to submit a warranty claim for the equipment. The information may be required at the Part level, the Equipment level, or both.
- From the Failure Reasons list, select the possible causes for failure that the vendor will accept under the warranty. These failure reasons will be included in a list, when you enter the warranty tag.
- Click Save.