You can configure Inform ERP to manage vendor merchandise that you hold in consignment. Vendor Consignment is a process wherein the supplier provides materials and stocks them on your premises. The merchandise remains in the books of the supplier (vendor) until the same is withdrawn from the stock of the consignment and put to use. There may be additional charges applied to merchandise in consignment.
- Go to File > Vendor > Master.
- In the Vendor box, find the vendor you want to edit by typing the name, number, city, or phone. If the data for your vendor does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the Consignment/MFG Rep tab.
- Click Edit.
- Specify charges for vendor consignment. Choose the unit by which the charge is applied, either Unit, Pallet, or None. If None, then a flat charge is applied. Type the amount of the Incoming ChargeThe amount of the surcharge on consignment merchandise from this vendor, as well as how the surcharge will be applied-by unit or pallet., the Outgoing Charge The amount of the surcharge on outgoing consignment merchandise, as well as how the surcharge will be applied-by unit or pallet., the Storage ChargeThe charge for storing consignment merchandise from this vendor, as well as how the charge will be applied-by unit or pallet., and the Admin ChargeThe administration charge that will apply to consignment merchandise from the vendor. (which is always a flat rate).
- If applicable, choose the commission to be paid to the representative as well as the product number that will be used to represent the consignment merchandise in Rep Comm % The commission percent that will be used on consignment invoices for this vendor. and Rep Product The product number used on invoices to this vendor. The product will present the commission amount that you charge them.,
- Click Save.