The vendor's ledger contains both invoices and payment history. In this procedure, you will learn how to view Summary information on balances and payments as well as detail on invoices. You'll then follow up with learning how to View a vendor's payment history and Search for a vendor's PO in the subsequent scenarios.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Vendor Ledger.
or File > Vendor > Master, and then click the Ledger tab.
- In the Vendor box, type the name or ID of the vendor about which you want information. Select the vendor ID from the pop-up that appears, or press the Tab key.
- Review the Summary panel with up to date information on vendor balances and recent history. See information about
- Balance Your open Accounts Payable balance with this vendor.
- Purchases Your total year-to-date purchase amount with this vendor.
- Aging Your unpaid invoices separated into aging buckets. Click to alternate between a pie chart and a list.
- Last The amount of the last check paid to this vendor.
- Payments Your year-to-date payments to this vendor.
- To make more room for this list, you can collapse the Summary section by clicking the arrow:
- Review detail information on invoices.
- Drop down the Type menu and choose either Open or Paid invoices.
- Sort and filter the columns to display the information you want. See Tables and grids.
- You can now click the Payment HistoryAll payments applied to invoices or to the account. To see the invoices paid, expand the payments. tab to View a vendor's payment history and the OrdersReplicates the Purchase Order Inquiry, listing all Open, Completed, or Quoted orders (RFQ's or Expired RFQ's) with the vendor. tab to Search for a vendor's PO