You can add product substitutions, giving customers the option of choosing a different product if the one they want is not available.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in Create and edit products.
- Click the Substitutes tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add Substitute.
- In the new row that appears in the Substitutes grid, type or select the product number of the item that is a suitable substitute.
- Repeat for each substitute you want to make available.
- To delete a substitute product, click the X at the end of the row.
- Click Save.
When you are placing a sales order, if you choose a product that has substitutes, the Substitutes tab appears blinking in red to the right of the Line Items.
Click the Substitutes tab, and then click the Select button beside the substitute you want to order.
The item you selected replaces the original product on the order.