You can specify the bin location of the product in each warehouse. Before performing this procedure, you must set up the bins in each warehouse: see Add bin locations to a warehouse.
If the product is not stored in a warehouse, you don't need to specify a bin location.
Bin locations print on Sales Order and Stock Transfer picking documents. The primary bin location prints in the Bin Location column, and the secondary bin locations print below the product description.
RF Wireless Warehouse Users must make bin location changes using the wireless barcode scanners; these changes cannot be made through the Bins tab.
To assign bin locations to a product
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in Create and edit products.
- Click the Bins tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Whse box, choose the warehouse where you want to add bins.
- Click Add Bin Location.
- In the new row that appears in the Bins grid, type or search for the Bin Location.
- Select the check box beside the Primary bin. All other bins will be considered secondary.
- To remove a bin location, click the to the right of the line item.
- Click Save.