Inform ERP offers flexibility in managing gasket assembly, inventory, and sales. You can create a full gasket assembly with die and raw material specified, and save as a product, you can do the same and save it as kit, which will also kick off a work order to produce the kit, or you can create a generic gasket and add the die and material at the time of sales order entry.
If you want, you can let Inform ERP automatically calculate the amount of raw material required to cut the number of gaskets you want, or you can customize that calculation yourself. In either case, Inform ERP calculates the cost of the gasket based on the raw material cost plus the cost per click.
When you create a gasket assembly, you have to create the die product, the raw material product, and the gasket product.
The steps below describe a common workflow for gaskets. You can customize it to meet the specific needs of your industry.
- Create a new die product as described in Create and edit products.
- On the Main page, make sure you choose the unit of measure. You can use inches, centimeters, or whatever measurement makes sense. Just make sure that you use the same unit of measure as you will for your raw material.
- Also on the Main page, set the price per click (the price for a single die cut).
- On the Purchasing page of the Product Master, add the Length and Width dimensions of the die.
- On the Assembly page of the Product Master, indicate that this is a Die . From the Component Type list, choose Die.
- Click Save
- Create a new raw material product as described in Create and edit products.
- Make sure you choose the unit of measure. You can use inches, centimeters, or whatever measurement makes sense. Just make sure that you use the same unit of measure as you used for your die.
- On the Purchasing page of the Product Master, add the dimensions of the raw material. If it comes in sheets, set the Length and Width dimensions per sheet. If it comes in a roll or spool, set the Width only.
- On the Assembly page of the Product Master, indicate that this is raw material. From the Component Type list, choose Die Cut Material.
- Click Save
In Inform, a gasket is an assembly or kit that is composed of a Die product and a Die Cut Material product.
- Create a new gasket product as described in Create and edit products.
- On the Assembly page of the Product Master, choose whether you want Inform ERP to automatically calculate the amount of raw material required to create the number of gaskets ordered, or whether you want to calculate this value yourself.
If you want Inform to calculate, then select the Component Type Calculation check box. When you add the gasket to a sales order, Inform will calculate the number of dies that can be cut from your raw material.
For example, if your die is a 12" circle, and your raw material is a 36"x36" sheet, then you can create 9 gaskets from 1 sheet. However, if your customer is orders 10 gaskets, then Inform ERP calculates that you will need 2 sheets to fill the order, and will charge for the full two sheets, even though only a small portion of the second sheet is actually used.
You may want to perform this calculation yourself if you can customize cuts to use less raw material. If so, clear the Component Type Calculation check box.
- Do not change the Component Type. For the gasket assembly, this value should be None.
- You can add the Die and Die Cut Material components to the assembly now, or you can wait and add them on the fly during sales order entry. See the next procedure.
- Click Save
- Create a new sales order and add the gasket product to it. Specify the number of gaskets in the Quant Ordered box.
- Click the Assembly tab, and then add the die and the die cut material.
- Once the die and the die cut material are added, Inform ERP recognizes the product as a gasket and automatically calculates the correct quantity of material required to build the number of gaskets you requested by templating the number of dies per sheet or per linear measurement of roll material.
Inform also calculates the total cost based on the raw material price plus the cost per click times the number of gaskets you are ordering.
- Complete the sales order.