When your customers are shopping on eCommerce or placing an order in sales order entry, you may want to show them options and accessories for the items they are purchasing. You can configure this functionality from the Options & Accessories page in Inform Product Master (File > Product > Master). Then when a customer adds a relevant product to the eCommerce Shopping Cart or a sales order, options and accessories appear.
The customer or salesperson can add these items as desired. Selected options and accessories are listed individually on the pick ticket so that the customer is able to return or exchange a single item if necessary.
Configure which options and accessories appear per product from File>Product>Options & Accessories: Create option and accessory product groups.
To include options and accessories on your eCommerce site, you must either Web Publish them as described in Add products to the catalog, or mark them Auto Add to S/O on the Options & Accessories page, as described below. This extra step is not required to display options and accessories on the Sales Order Entry page.
- Go to File > Product > Master.
- On the Setup page, click the Options & Accessories tab.
- In the Product box, type or search for the product to which you want to add options or accessories, and then press the Tab key.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Add New Group button, and create your Option & Accessory Group.
Note: You can add existing option and accessory groups to a product by clicking the Add Group button rather than the Add New Group button.
- The Group is auto-populated. Press the Tab key.
- Type a Description,
- Click Add Product. A row appears in the Accessory Items grid.
- Type a product number into the Product cell, and then press the Tab key to search for the correct product. The Description and UOM are auto-populated. Type the Quantity.
- Press the Tab key. A new blank product entry will appear below your completed entry. You may add as many products as necessary to the option or accessory.
- Click Save.
- To make the option available in your product catalog, in the Options and Accessories grid, select the Auto Add to S/O check box.
- Click Save.