The Salesman Commission Statement displays the gross profits or commissions for your salesmen during a given period.
It also displays the amount of commissions lost and the number of days to pay for each order that the salesman did not receive a commission because of a past due invoice: See Set past due deduction percentages.
You can choose to run the report for an individual salesman, or to include all salesmen, and then you can set several options on the dates and types of information you want to include. Make sure you review all the options below to generate just the information you need.
Invoices or payments are included in the commission statement based on the posting date of the invoice or payment, not on the invoice date.
- Go to File>Customer>Salesman, and then click the Statement tab on the left side navigation bar.
- Choose whether to generate the statement on all salespeople or a single salesperson:
- To generate for all, leave the Salesman box blank.
- To generate for a specific salesman, type or search for his/her salesman code in the Salesman box, and then press the Tab key.
- The current Branch appears. If you want to change it, type or search for the new branch, or leave it blank to include all branches.
- From the Based On list, choose whether to base commission calculations on Paid Invoices or Sales.
Alternate path: Go to Sales > Salesman Commissions > Salesman Commission Statement.
- In you choose Paid Invoices, then choose the range of dates for which you want to include invoices from the past Starting Date and Ending Date calendars.
- If you choose Sales, you may choose the dates on which you want to calculate the statement. Select one of the following Date Options:
- Calendar Date: Choose the Starting Date and Ending Date.
- Accounting Period: Select the check the box beside Prior Year or This Year. To include an additional month, you can click Add Period and type it in. Keep in mind that commission statements run off of the posting date for the invoice (or payment, if you pay based on paid invoices) and not the invoice date.
- Summary: Displays total commission information. If you run a Summary Report for Paid Invoices, you then must select the Report Type, either Commissions or Accruals.
- Detail: Includes individual invoice information. You then must select the Report Type, either Gross Profit, Commissions, or Past Due Commissions (Sales only).
- Gross Profit: Show the gross profit amounts that each salesman has made in the selected period.
- Commissions; Displays the amount of commission that the salesman has made in the selected period.
- Past Due Commissions: Displays those commissions that were paid for invoices that are overdue within the selected period.
If your Detail Commission Statement doesn't calculate commission amounts, then your system may be set to calculate commissions on the invoice total.
If you would like to calculate your commissions based on products ordered rather than the invoices, enable the the Salesman Commission by Product Detail setting, in File>Company>Master: Pricing and Costing.