When you create a customer, there are several properties that are required. On the Main tab on the Setup page of the Customer Master, only the customer Name is always required (others may be required as well). At any time, you may add a billing address, contact information, and/or prospect information.
- Go to File > Customer > Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- Click Edit.
- Choose the customer Status.
More on status codes
- Active/Good: Allows entry of all types of orders.
- Watch: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings.
- C.O.D: The letters "C.O.D" print in bold on Shipment Confirmations and Truck Manifests to alert the delivery driver to take payment.
- Legal: Prevents order or quote entry, but allows cash receipts to be taken.
- Hold: Only quotes are allowed; no sales orders.
- Cash in Advance: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings. The letters "P.I.A" (payment in advance) print in bold on all Shipment Confirmations.
- Inactive: Used as an alternative to deletion. No further transactions are allowed, but the customer is kept for historical reference.
- Credit Card: "Credit Card" prints in bold on Shipment Confirmations.
- Point of Sale: Order balances are required at the time of entry using the Point of Sale System.
Note: These statuses are different from terms, even though there is often overlap, such as C.O.D customer.
- In the Remit To Address area, type the full customer address.
- Under Additional Information, type the main contact information, including Email address, Website URL, and Fax number. Make sure to select the Include One (to add +1 to the dialed number) and the Area Code check boxes as applicable.
- In the A/R Contact area, type Name and Phone number of the primary accounts receivable contact. Do the same for the Sales Contact. You can add more contacts on the Contacts tab of the Customer Master. See Manage contacts
- Click Save.