If you keep inventory at a customer's location, and you do not bill the customer until they use that inventory, you should set up a consignment warehouse, and then set the minimum quantity of products within that warehouse.
Note: The Consignment tab appears in the Customer Master only if the customer has a consignment warehouse: See Set up a consignment process.
- Go to File > Customer > Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the Consignment tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add Consignment Product. A new row appears in the Consignment Product grid.
- In the Product column, type or search for the item you want to consign, and then press the Tab key.
- Type the minimum and maximum quantities to hold in stock in the Min Quantity and Max Quantity boxes.
- You can remove a product by clicking the at the end of a row.
- Click Save.