Create and define custom fields to add details to records, and create custom reports. Custom fields become part of Master Files. Custom fields can be created for these record types:
- Purchase Order
- Sales Order
- Customer Job
- Ship To
Note: Custom fields cannot be mass created, but once created can be filled using a custom field import.
Create custom fields
- Navigate to File > Company > Custom Fields.
- Click New.
- In the Field Details section:
- For On Form, select the record type of the custom field.
- For Field Dictionary, type the name of the control to be displayed in the Report Writer data dictionary.
- For Field Type, select the control type.
- Text Box: A single line text box.
- Numeric: Formatted for numeric data.
Note: In the Preview area, type the number of Decimal Places to enable (optional), and then press the Tab key.
- Date: Formatted for a date MM/DD/YYYY, and includes a calendar for date selection.
- True/False: Displays a check box for on/off selection.
- Option List: Displays drop-down field.
In the Preview area, type an Item Description for each list option, and click Add after each one. After adding all options, view the Preview drop-down, and set a default by choosing the option from the list.
- Multi-line Text: A multi-line note box.
- Select the Required check box to to require the field for all new records.
- Click Save.
The new control appears on the Custom Field list.