Add, manage, and delete all Inform ERP users in the User Master. You can also manage users' security by assigning passwords, branch access, and permissions to various levels of the application as well as modules such as Web Mail, MobiOrder, CRM, and Google Sync.
Users are granted access to the company you are signed into.
All changes you make to an account will be effective immediately upon saving.
- Go to File > Company > User Master.
- To add or edit users, click Edit.
- To add a user, click Add Inform User, and then specify the following information. To edit a user, make the changes on the user row.
Configure user security
- User Name: Type the user's full name, such as John Smith.
- Initials: Type the user's initials. If you have many users, you may need to use middle initials as well, such as JPS.
- Password: Type the password that this user must enter to access Inform ERP. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Access Levels: Type the number that correlates to the access level that you want grant this user. Typically the higher the number, the greater the access. For more information, see Define and assign access levels to users.
Configure user defaults
- Default Branch: Choose the default branch into which the user will login.
- Default Register: Choose the default register into which the user will login. The user may choose a different register during the login process.
- Default Printer: Choose the default register on which statements, orders, invoices, and other documents will print for this user. This setting overrides any branch settings and applies to all printed documents except checks and labels.
- Custom Departments: Click the list, and then select the check boxes beside the departments to which you want to assign this user. Any events and tasks that belong to this user will appear on the department calendar, and likewise department tasks and events will appear on the user's calendar. This user will also be copied on any mail messages sent to that department. You can also create custom departments, see Create custom departments, below.
- Salesman: If this user is a Salesman and you want to restrict their access so that they can only view and sell to their own customers, you can choose whose information the user can access. Click in the Salesman column, and then click the arrow to select check boxes beside those users. This will restrict the user to only view customers, orders, quotes and invoices assigned to the select salesmen.
- You may override this setting from File > Company > Master, Sales: Allow linked User/Salesman to enter orders for all Customers.
Configure user email
- Google Sync: Synchronizes the events on your Inform Calendar with the calendar for your Google account. This requires a valid Google Account; it does not need to be the same account that you are using for email. To enable synchronization for a user, select the Google Sync check box, and then type Email, Email Username and Email Password for the user's Google account. Other configuration is required: see Set up Inform to sync with your Google calendar.
- Web Mail: To forward all internal mail to your external email, select this check box.
- Email: When Inform ERP sends an email, it uses the configuration from your Company settings: see Configure SMTP for external email. If you want emails from this user to appear as "From" this user, rather than the default company email. type that user's email address here. All replies will go directly to this email as well.
- Email Username and Email Password: By default, Inform ERP uses the mail authentication provided in your Company settings: see Configure SMTP for external email. Some email servers also require you to provide authentication information for each user. This configuration is also recommended as a best practice. For more information on individual mail server requirements, see Understand email requirements.
Grant user access to Inform ERP productivity tools
- MobiOrder: Provides access to the MobiOrder mobile sales tool. If you select this option, the user must have an email address.
- Quick Order: Provides access to Quick Order.
- Clr Whse in SO: Automatically clears the selected Warehouse in the Sales Order when this user is entering an order. By clearing the warehouse, it forces the user to choose the correct warehouse for the active customer, rather than simply accepting the default.
- CRM: Provides access to the CRM menu within Inform ERP, so this user can manage sales opportunities. If this check box is cleared, then the CRM menu is hidden. Note that access to the items listed under the CRM menu requires a subscription per user. If you attempt to exceed the number of subscriptions, the system will warn you and prevent additional users from being selected. If you are not currently a CRM subscriber and would like to learn more, please contact DDI Customer Care.
- Disable WMS Notifications: Suppresses popup notifications from appearing on a WMS users' scanners.
Create custom departments
Custom departments enable you to create your own grouping of employees based on your company structure. Custom departments behave the same way as default built -in departments.
- Click Add Department.
- Type a Code followed by a Description of the department.
- Click Save.
- You can now assign users to the new department as described above.
- Click Save.
To delete a user, click at the end of the user's row.