You can restrict specific Customer, Vendor, and Product Master File fields from being changed using the Master File Security.
- Set access for the Master File Security:
- Go to File > Company > Access Levels.
- Click the Files tab.
- Set access levels for the following permissions:
- Customer File Security Fields: Edit the Customer tab on Master File Security.
- Product File Security Fields: Edit the Product tab on Master File Security.
- Vendor File Security Fields: Edit the Vendor tab on Master File Security.
- Master File Security Fields: Access Master File Security.
Users with access levels below these will not be able to change any fields that are checked as "Secure." Users with access levels greater than or equal to these access levels will be able to change secured fields.
- Once you set access levels for those options, set access for individual fields:
- Go to File > Company > Master File Security.
- Click Edit,
- In each tab, select the check box to the right of the fields that you would like to secure.
Users who are not given access to these fields will still be able to see the information, but they will not be able to make changes to it.
- Click Save. These settings will take effect immediately.