EMV credit card processing is the global standard for cards equipped with computer chips and the technology used to authenticate chip-card transactions. U.S. card issuers have migrated to this new technology to protect consumers and reduce the costs of fraud. For distributors and other POS retailers, standards are now required (called PCI compliance) to protect these customers from stored information and other credit card fraud.
DDI partners with TSYS/Cayan's Genius technology to enable distributors to use EMV certified processing and comply with PCI standards.
Inform ERP leverages TSYS/Cayan’s Genius platform to give your customers the flexibility of paying with lightning-fast chip card transactions, debit cards with PINs, or swipes. Cayan's Genius technology independently processes multiple card types and payment methods then passes encrypted information to Inform ERP to accept payment while delivering a seamless customer experience.
- Contact DDI Customer Care to purchase the TSYS Cayan integration.
- Go to File > Company > Cayan Configuration.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add Cayan Account.
- Click and choose the Branch with which to associate the credit card.
- From the Type list, choose Card Present, which means that a physical card will be presented to you; or Card Not Present, which means you are taking orders remotely, such as over the phone.
- In the Merchant Name, Merchant Site ID, Merchant Key, and Web API Key cells, type your account information as provided by TSYS Cayan as part of your integration with their services.
- In the Delay box, type the number of milliseconds you want to wait before sending information to Cayan. The default of 2000 delays by 2 seconds.
- Click Save.
- To learn how to set up the credit card terminals, see Set up network devices.
- To learn more about the features, see TSYS Cayan Card Payment Platform for Inform ERP.
- To order Genius hardware, or speak to a TSYS Cayan contact, see DDI System Partnered with Cayan
- To learn about associating cards with specific contacts, see Manage customer payment profiles to save credit card information
- To learn about processing cards, see Apply credit card payments
- Purchase TSYS Cayan gift cards