You can configure consignment vendors as separate branches to track sales and inventory.
If you have not discussed consignment merchandise processing please contact DDI Customer Care before changing these settings.
When setting up a consignment vendor as a branch, it is important to take into account who will be billing the customer and who will be stocking the merchandise.
- Go to File > Company > Branch.
- In the Branch box, click and choose the Branch you want to configure as a consignment vendor.
- Click Edit
- On the General tab, look at the section Vendor Consignment.
- In the Consignment Vendor box, type the consignment vendor you want to assign to this branch.
- From the Send A/R Invoice list, choose how you want invoices sent automatically, by Fax, Email, or None (you will send them manually). Invoices will be sent to the email address on the Main tab of the Vendor master.
Note: The email option applies only if you are not updating Accounts Receivable
- If you will be billing the customer and need to post the invoices for your orders to Accounts Payable, select the Update Invoice to A/R check box. This will post the customer's invoices to your Accounts Receivable so that you can collect from them. If the vendor will be billing and collecting from the customer, leave this box cleared. These orders will still go through the normal invoicing process, but will not be posted to the customer's account as open invoices. If you do not update A/R, then a Rep Warehouse document will be generated instead.
- To print the customer's payment terms on the A/R invoice that you send to the vendor, select the Print Terms on A/R Invoice check box.
- To zero any open backorder quantities when the order is invoiced, select the Cancel B/Os at Invoice Update. The order's first shipment and invoicing will mark it as a completed order. Any open quantities that you still want to fill will need to be entered on a new order.
- If you will be stocking the merchandise, select the Update Inventory check box . This will relieve your inventory from the default warehouse when the invoice is posted.
- Click Save.