Automatic Backorder Release checks current merchandise levels against orders with backordered products and prints pick tickets for any items that can now be shipped. On these orders, the Quantity Back Ordered will move to Quantity to Ship. These orders must also qualify for release based on their Branch, Ship Via, Customer, Terms, Ship Date, Order Status, and Promise Date.
Sales orders as well as a report of all products and orders that have been released print to the backorder printers specified on the Branch Master. See Assign default printers by branch.
The backorder release runs on a schedule as well as on demand. To enable and configure this process, follow the procedure below.
- To run the automatic backorder release at each receiving, then set File>Company>Master: Purchasing/Inventory, Process Auto B/O Release after stock or transfer receiving to Yes.
To run the process on demand, see Run the automatic backorder release on demand.
You can also configure the backorder release process by Ship Via, which will override the branch settings. This may be useful if you want to configure automatic backorder release for the entire branch with an exception for certain orders that you wan to place on hold. See Configure automatic backorder release by ship via.
Items on Ship Complete orders may appear on the Backorder Release Report before the complete order can be shipped. This does not release the order, but instead commits the product quantities. The Sales Order will reflect the amount that can be shipped. The backorder release pick ticket will only print when the entire backordered amount can be shipped.
- Go to File > Company > Branch.
- In the Branch box, click and choose the Branch for which you want to configure backorder release.
- Click Edit
- On the General tab, select the Automatic Backorder Release check box.
- From the Mail Notification Departments list, select the check boxes beside those users or department whom you want to receive a notification of any automatic backorder release.
- In the Minimum B/O Dollar box, optionally type the dollar amount that the total backordered items must reach before being released.
- To release items only when the total specified on the sales order has been received, select the Ship Line Complete check box.
- To notify the employee who entered the sales order on which items are being released, select the POS Notify Writer Only check box.
- Click Save.
You can find the automatic back order release process schedule on Utilities > Phantom Monitor > Scheduled Jobs.