You can set system defaults by branch, so that whenever that data is accessed for that branch, your default appears. For example, if you add a default Ship Via by branch, then when you enter a sales order, that Ship Via will be prepopulated. The sales order writer can always change it as the time of entry,
If any default value is left blank, the user will always need to choose a value manually at the time of entry.
Set branch defaults as below:
- Go to File > Company > Branch.
- In the Branch box, click and choose the Branch for which you want to configure defaults.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Defaults tab.
- Review and set defaults as described below:
- Warehouse The warehouse that the sales orders and purchase orders from this branch will be filled from. This warehouse will automatically be set as the warehouse for any Sales Orders entered for this branch. This can be changed at the time of order entry.
- Ship Via The default Ship Via for sales orders entered from this branch. This can overwritten by the Ship Via default in the Customer Master, and can be changed at the time of order entry.
- Remit To Branch The branch to which payment is sent to for sales orders entered from this branch. The Remit-To branch information will be printed on invoices sent from this branch.
- Bill To Branch The branch to which vendors will send bills for purchase orders received from this branch. The Bill-To branch information will print on all Purchase Orders sent from this branch.
- Software Upgrade Path The path for the branch's computers to upgrade when a new upgrade is downloaded on the server. This will be set by DDI during your conversion.
- S/O Tax Code The default Tax Code for sales orders entered from this branch. This will override the customers default Tax Code (but not their taxable status). It can be changed at the time of order entry.
- S/O Qnty Ship Sales Order Quantity to Ship: The default Quantity to Ship for products on Sales Orders. 1) Available - the quantity of the product that is available in the selected warehouse. Availability is calculated as the quantity On Hand minus the quantity committed. 2) Ship All - the quantity of the product that is ordered. 3) Backorder All - the quantity to ship will be set to 0 for all products.
- S/O Cost Column The default cost column that will be used in Sales Orders.
- P/O Cost Column The default cost column that will be used in Purchase Orders.
- P/O Link Type Automatically links each item on a sales order to a purchase order. You can change the links on an item by item basis, or on an order under the Other tab in the Sales Order Screen. You may choose: No Link, Drop Ship, Special Order, Requisition, Transfer.
- S/O Price Override Select which products users may override prices for on a sales order: All Products or Non-stock. To prevent users from overriding prices, select Suppress. If you want to allow users to lower price to a certain gross profit percent or costs, then you can modify their access level.
- S/O Cost Override Select which products users may override costs for on a sales order: All Products or Non-stock. To prevent users from overriding costs, select Suppress. If you want to allow users to lower price to a certain gross profit percent or costs, then you can modify their access level.
- Valid Credit Card Types Select the check boxes beside those credit card types that you will accept: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and eCheck.
- Number of POS Registers The number of registers that process Point of Sale transactions at the branch. This number will be used to help identify Point of Sale Batch Numbers. You can assign default registers to each user under File>Company>User.: Registers require a thermal receipt printer: see
Set up a thermal receipt printer. You can assign default registers to your users, which can be confirmed at login. See Manage users. Registers are not required, but using them, you can
Reconcile POS batches by register to verify cash/credit/checks.
- Bypass quantity pick logic for all point of sales customers whenever signed into a register. All quantities will be set to ship, which avoids forgetting to sell product.
- Number of Employees The number of employees for the branch. Number of Employees (File>Company>Master: Branch)The number of employees for the branch.
- Auto Requisition B/O Automatically generates a Purchase Order request when an item is backordered on a Sales Order.
- Sort POS Invoice Sorts Point of Sale invoices.
- S/O Quantity Override For companies using Quantity Pick Logic Only. Quantity Pick Logic is set in your Company Master under the Sales tab ("Use Quantity Pick Logic in S/O"). Prevents the Quantity to Ship/Quantity Backordered window from popping up when tabbing through the Quantity Ordered tab in Sales Order entry.
- Print S/O without Products to Pick Prints the Sales Orders without the products to be picked.
- Show Products Collapsed in S/O Automatically displays all items on the Sales Order in a collapsed view when the order is loaded. Users can click on the plus symbol to the left of the item to expand the item and view details information such as external or internal comments and stock status.
- Print Quote Description Prints the Quote Description for the product on quotes instead of the product description. Products without a Quote Description entered will have the Product Description printed. See also,
Add main product and price information
- Open S/O in Quote Mode Automatically opens the Sales Order screen in Price Quote mode. If you want to enter a Sales Order rather than a quote, you will need to clear the Quote check box on the sales order page.
- Use Default S/O Qty Ship Option Causes sales orders to use the default quantity pick logic based off of the branch or company settings for POS Registers.
- POS Prefix A single alphanumeric character appended to the beginning of the reference code on any point of sale transactions for this branch.
- Invoice Prefix A single alphanumeric character appended to the beginning of the invoice number on any invoices sent from this branch.
- Sales Order Prefix A single alphanumeric character appended to the beginning of the order number on any sales orders entered from this branch.
- Purchase Order Prefix A single alphanumeric character appended to the beginning of the purchase order number on any purchase order sent from this branch.
- Quote Prefix A single alphanumeric character appended to the beginning of the quote number on any quotes entered from this branch.
- Automated Invoices Select what type of orders will be placed in the billing batch to be invoiced: 1) Open Sales Order: will bill any open sales orders, before they have been completed. 2) Ship Confirmed or Signed: will bill only orders that have already been ship confirmed or signed for. 3) None: will bill nothing (all orders will need to be billed manually). 4) Signed Only: will bill orders that have a signature.
- Print Customer Copy of Invoice Prints a customer copy for all invoices.
- Print File Copy of Invoice Whether to require that a file copy of each invoice be printed before a customer copy can be issued. To require a file copy of just those invoices with exceptions, select Exceptions Only from the drop down.
- Click Save.
- Number of Employees (File>Company>Master: Branch)The number of employees for the branch.