General Ledger balance information is not automatically pulled from your legacy system; therefore we must request this information as a separate data conversion process.
- Submit data in Excel format (xlsx, xls or csv) if possible.
- Provide a series of monthly Trial Balances, where each period shows the starting balance, changes to balance, and ending balance.
2 to 4 weeks prior to Go-Live
- Determine how many months of balances will be converted.
- Review accounting data in your current system for accuracy. Balances should be corrected prior to system conversion if the event happened prior to the go-live date.
- If any G/L numbers are changing between systems, provide a cross reference table with every submission.
- Submit a Trial Balance of a recently completed accounting period for testing purposes. This data will only be used for testing and will not automatically convert to the live system.
1 to 2 days prior to Go-Live
- Provide us with monthly Trial Balances for all accounting periods that are final in the legacy system. We understand that the final period may not be immediately available.
1 to 2 weeks after Go-Live
- Submit monthly Trial Balances for the remaining financial periods.
- If your go-live is during the month, as opposed to the start of the month, there will be a final entry representing the balance change from the beginning of the month to the go-live date.
- Bank reconciliation cannot be completed until all opening entries are posted.