POs show on the un-invoiced PO report if they have been received in Inform, updating the inventory value but not linked to any accounts payable invoice. If a vendor has already been paid for an item showing on the report, a $0 accounts payable invoice should be posted. Follow this process to remove the item from un-invoiced status without affecting your stock value or G/L value:
- Enter a zero dollar accounts payable invoice using the current date, accounting period, discount date, and due date.
- Use a descriptive invoice number, such as “Clear Paid PO.”
- Link the PO using the Drop-down Icon. You will know the link is successful when there is a value in the Linked Receipts box. You may link as many applicable PO’s as needed to avoid having to enter each one separately.
- Save the invoice and verify that the item is no longer present on the Un-Invoiced PO Report.
- Note that systems running Version 17.35 and lower will attempt to balance to the linked receipt as shown in the example below. Click the “X” next to the line items to zero out the distribution before saving the transaction.
See below for an example of a final $0 AP invoice.