By assigning an individual picker to an order, you can track the pick status of the order.
For example, suppose a customer comes to the counter looking for his order: Use Sales Order Inquiry to look up the order: if it has an assigned picker, but no floor location, then the order is currently being picked. If it has the floor location as well., then you know the order is ready and where you can find it .
If the order is being built (no Floor Location), you can click the order number in the Sales Order Inquiry page, go to the Shipments tab, and then check with the Assigned Picker. Now contact the picker to get the status of the order.
To use this workflow, you have to assign a picker to the order.
- Go to Warehouse>Assign Pick By.
- Search for or type the Sales Order numbers, and then press the Tab key.
- In the Assigned Pick By box, choose the warehouse person responsible for picking the order
- Click Save.
- Once the order is picked, go back to this page and type the Floor Location of the order.
- If you want, you can also print serial number labels for it. Click Print Serial Label. This option is available only if it is a serialized product and a picker is entered in the Assigned Pick By box.