You can create fast, efficient bid submittals or showroom quotes ready to print and send home with your customers. Simply download the proposal template, customize it with your logo, colors, and fonts, and then choose it when printing quotes.
Note: These instructions are provided to help you create your own customer ready proposals. If you would like help, be aware that editing the layout of any advanced report writer report is a billable service. This service charge applies to any modifications or changes to the logo or layout of the quote report as well. If you need help, we are happy to assist: contact Customer Care to receive an estimate.
- Go to the ARW Report Library.
- Review the templates for Proposals and Quotes, and choose the one you want to use.
- Download the template to your workstation.
- Extract the report file (.irw) from the compressed folder (.zip).
- Run Inform ERP, and go to Analytics > Advanced Report Writer.
- Click New.
- Type a Report name, and then press the Tab key.
- Clear the Generate Layout check box.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Import Layout.
- From the Open pop-up, navigate to the report file (.irw) you downloaded, and click Open. The report and layout have now been imported.
- In the Advanced Report Writer's Report box, type or search for the template you just downloaded, and then press the Tab key.
- To avoid corrupting the base template, you should work in a copy of this one. Click the Edit button.
- Click Save As, and then type a new name for the template in the pop-up that appears. Click OK.
- Your working copy of the template appears. The Definition page specifies the data elements that will be included in the report. Do not change any data on this page.
- Click the Layout tab.
- The main window shows the layout of your template. Beneath that, you will see properties of selected fields on the template. You can ignore the working panels on the right.
Your logo should be at least 300 dpi and should be no larger than 1"x2" to avoid shifting other elements on your page. Standard image formats including .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, .ico, .emf, and .wmf are supported.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Logo image in the upper right corner of the template page. You will see 6 square handles around the image to let you know it is selected,
- In the Properties panel, locate the Image property, and then click the ellipses button. Choose your logo from the pop-up that appears, and then click Open.
Your logo appears in the upper left.
- If you need to resize it, you can click and drag the handles; or in the Properties section, scroll down to and expand the Size property, and type the new Width and Height.
- To edit any label text, double-click the label, and then type the replacement text.
Tip: You can click the Undo toolbar button in the upper right to rollback your changes one at a time.
- To change font colors or sizes, click the field or press the Ctrl key as you click multiple fields.
- In the Properties section, scroll to the Font section, and then click the ellipses button.
- From the Font pop-up, choose new font size, type, etc, and then click OK.
- To change the color, on the Properties panel, drop down the ForeColor list and choose a new one.
- In the example below, the font has been changed to a larger, red, italic serif font.
- When you have finished making changes, click Save.
- Test your layout by clicking Run Preview.
When you print your quote, order, or invoice, you have the opportunity to choose your layout. Each template is listed as a print layout. You can create as many template as you want, and then assign those templates to the desired document.
- In the Advanced Report Writer with your template open and in Edit mode, click the Settings tab.
- From the Document Type list, choose Quote.
Note that you have the option to choose Quote or Sales order due to the data available in this particular template, including data from the OD (Order) and OH (Quote) files.
- Click Save.
- Go to Sales Order entry and create a new quote as described in Create a price quote.
- Save the Quote.
- On the Final page, go to the Print Options panel on the right. From the Layout list, choose the template you just created.
- Click Price Quote.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.